Applications for our vacant teaching posts have been coming in this week with the closing date being midnight tomorrow. This weekend your new Headteacher, Chris Boddy and Chair/Vice Chair of governors will read through the applications in preparation for a shortlisting exercise next Tuesday afternoon. Candidates selected for interview will be notified and invited to interview on Wednesday 24th May.
As soon as appointments are ratified we will let you know who the successful candidates are and then a staffing plan for September 2017 can be agreed and shared with you and your child/ren next half term.
Whilst the end of the school year is still some eight weeks away (excluding half term in a couple of weeks time) we have finalised dates which I’d now like to share with you;
- A reminder that we have our ‘occasional day’ holiday on Monday 19th June and Whit half term sees the school breaking up on Friday 26th May and returning on Monday 5th June 2017.
- Year 6 pupils visit London on Tuesday 6th June to Thursday 8th June (separate letter being sent to Y6 parents/carers tomorrow, Friday 12th May).
- Saturday 17th June PTA Summer Fayre (see letter accompanying this one from PTA)
- Teachers are preparing your child’s annual progress report and they will be completed by Friday 30th June 2017.
- We are holding parent/carer consultation meetings for all our children and these will take place over a fortnight period beginning Monday 3rd Teachers will make contact with you and arrange a convenient time to meet (with you and your child) to go through the report and discuss their progress this academic year.
- I have access to Y6 SAT results on Tuesday 4th July and once I have reviewed the data I will share this with parents and pupils no later than Wednesday 5th July
- Sports day is planned to take place on Thursday 13th July between 1pm and 3pm for children from reception to Y6. A further letter will be issued after half term giving more details of the events for that afternoon. I’ve already ordered fine weather for this and preceding days!
- We are planning to have a whole school family picnic at some point during week commencing 17th July on our school field. At this point in time we are tentatively looking at the afternoon of Wednesday 19th July between 2.00pm and 3.15pm (weather permitting). Again, further information will be shared with you after half term.
- Y6 leavers’ celebration will be held on their final day, Friday July 21st at 9.30am. Parents/carers of Y6 pupils will be allocated upto 4 tickets for this goodbye celebration. Bring your hankies!
- School breaks up for the Summer holiday on Friday 21st July returning on Monday September 4th.