Dear Parents and Carers,
I just wanted to send a letter about School Clubs for this half term.
We’ll be offering a range of clubs and, as we did last year, please register your interest by emailing the member of staff identified below. Where there is more interest than places, names will be drawn out of a hat. If a child has missed out on a club, they will be given priority next time around.
– Gymnastics Club (Monday after school, from 17th September) Gymnastics was very popular last year and so Miss Wilson has very kindly offered to run two clubs on a Monday afternoon. Anyone in KS1 and KS2 can apply for a place but please be aware that the aim of the club is that the children will take part in the Gymnastics festival later this term. KS1 Gymnastics will run from 3.15-4.00pm and KS2 Gymnastics will run from 3.30-4.45pm (the KS2 children will be working with the younger children for the overlapping half hour). There are 12 places in each club so anyone keen to join should email Miss Wilson (email@example.com). There is a charge of £1.00 per session for this club and, unlike the other clubs, it will run until the Gymnastics festival takes place later this term. Children will be collected from the KS2 yard at the end of each session.
– Year 1-6 Karate Club (Tuesdays, 3.30-4.30pm) There has already been a letter about this popular club and you will be aware that it is open to our KS1 children, meaning that this club is open to all children from Years 1-6. Should anyone wish to join, just email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is a charge of £2.50 per session for this club. This club will run for 5 weeks from 11th September to 9th October. Children will be collected from the KS2 yard at the end of each session.
– Year 2 Music Lessons Our new Year 2 children are now eligible to apply for music lessons in the following instruments: violin, guitar, keyboard and the piano. These lessons are provided by Gateshead Music Service and take place during the school day. Should anyone be interested, please email the office (email@example.com). There is a charge of £5.00 per session and there will be 6 sessions this half term, starting next week.
– Year 1-2 Dance Club (Wednesdays, 3.30-4.30pm) We are very pleased to be able to offer this popular club once again and it is open to all children in Year 1 and Year 2. If your child would like to take part, just email the office (firstname.lastname@example.org). There is a charge of £2.50 per session for this club. Children will be collected from the KS2 yard at the end of each session.
– KS2 Family Cooking Club (Wednesday 19th & 26th September, 3rd & 10th October) This club is being run by Claire Law from the Family Learning Team and is open to KS2 pupils, but they must be accompanied by an adult. If you’d like to apply for a place (and they are limited), please collect a form from the school office.
The teachers leading the club will email you to confirm your child’s place no later than Tuesday 11th September – if you don’t hear from them, it means that unfortunately your child does not have a place this time but they will become a priority for the next round of clubs.
Hopefully I will soon be able to offer a Chinese Club, focussing on writing Chinese characters, but I am still waiting for the details from the Chinese teacher, so a letter will follow about that in the near future.
Chris Boddy email@example.com